Are you ready for a chance to compete against the most talented students at the 2019 SHPE National Convention? Do you have what it takes to win $10,000 team grand prize and an opportunity for an internship with Nissan?
Then answer both of the following questions in a total of 500 words or less (font: Times New Roman, size: 12, spacing: 1.5) and submit your essay and resume to [email protected] by 11:59PM PST on SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2019.
What tool would you adopt or enhance, regardless of development time or investment cost, to test automotive systems and parts for safety, performance, quality, and efficiency?
What technical and leadership skills make you “stand out from the rest” to be selected for the competition?
Make sure to include your major, expected graduation date and GPA. All applicants must answer both of the application questions, submit their resume, meet the deadline for submission, and be registered for the SHPE National Convention.
PLEASE NOTE: File name structure for resume and essay submission should be Last Name-First Name-Essay and Last Name-First Name- Resume.
What is the Nissan Design Competition?
- 24 extraordinary SHPE student members will be selected and split into eight (8) teams to tackle this year’s Nissan Design Competition over the span of four (4) days. The competition culminates with the announcement of the winning team on Saturday at the SHPE booth in the Career Fair.
- Alternate spots may be available.
- Work with a three (3) person team, who you will meet in person once you arrive at the conference. Apply as an individual, we will group you into teams.
- Develop and refine an idea to address a want and/or need within the automotive industry.
- Provide a daily project briefing/presentation starting Wednesday night that will be evaluated by the Nissan Design Competition judges, culminating in a final presentation by the top 3 teams on Saturday morning.
- Interact with and learn from your peers, Nissan engineers and leaders, and leaders from SHPE.
- Prizes of $10,000, $5,000 and $2,500 will be shared by the top three (3) teams
- Qualified individuals from the winning team will receive an opportunity for a Nissan summer internship
- Competitors and alternates who complete the competition, further details will be provided on day one, will receive full conference registration reimbursement after the conference*
- Get exclusive competition gear to distinguish you from other convention attendees
- Participate in a presentation skills workshop led by Nissan and SHPE leaders
- Receive 1-on-1 resume reviews and critique sessions with Nissan and engineering industry leaders
- Opportunity to participate in mock interviews with Nissan and engineering industry leaders
- Participate in an exclusive tour of the Nissan Test Track in Stanfield, Arizona led by Nissan research & design engineers!
*Applicants must be registered for the SHPE National Convention in advance of applying in order to be considered.
Previous Nissan Design Competition winners are not eligible to participate.
For questions, please contact: [email protected]